2-D Parametric Design start





So I started with just making something and trying to figure out how to get objects to array around a point. I worked with multiple polygons that had 3-5 sides, and circles. It ended up looking kind of like something that you would see a sorcerer use or a geometric snowflake.... The whole set up is shown above which was rather easy to make because it's actually three elements repeated multiple times.




One thing that I found out while doing this is if you don't specify a point to start the array function around, the system will create a grid pattern at 0,0,0 that is rather irritating to deal with because it muddles the designs that you're working on.
I ended up liking a section of the geometry created in the first iteration and baked the design so that I could trim away the rest and use it as a set curve to polar-array later.


I was curios to see how the overlap of this new curve over the initial design would look and it had some interesting results that I decided to work with and alter to make more designs.


These designs were done with just the altering of sliders, but I'm very happy with how different they look to each other. Yet it's the same elements that make them. This also has very exciting capabilities to be able to make multiple designs that one can add to the surfaces that they are working with. It makes me wish that I was in printmaking so that I could try etching one of these designs onto a plate to acid etch. 
 Or it is just that this week of cold weather got to me.... 



Comments