Laser scoring the 2D parametric Designs


I ended up printing my designs onto canvas because I was rather curious if it could be done and what the result would look like. I am very happy with the results. The designs show up very well and the burning of the canvas fibers doesn't release a very strong smell like burning hair which is nice. 
It was rather interesting to see what the laser started printing in the designs. 

I also wanted to try putting the designs onto something wearable, so I tried to put them on socks. It looked like it worked well, but as soon as there was a little bit of stretching on the laser scored parts of the socks, they just started disintegrating. The result is pretty funny. 
Maybe I will try and fix the parts of the socks that aren't compromised. 

The sound on the videos may be very loud. 





Comments